Current Job Openings
If you would like to apply for the position, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com For additional information about these opportunities, please contact Cameron Smith directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TechBuffalo Program Development Internship - Paid
Founded in 2020, TechBuffalo is a nonprofit organization that strives to grow a sustainable, inclusive, and accessible technology community for Western New York by improving our region’s ability to retain, attract and foster technology talent. TechBuffalo aims to be the hub for all things tech talent related in WNY by connecting programs and increasing collaboration across WNY tech talent initiatives. By partnering with community organizations, government entities, educational institutions, and private sector businesses, TechBuffalo brings people together to grow the tech industry and better our community. Learn more at www.techbuffalo.org
TechBuffalo is hiring a Program Development Intern to support our work on retaining locally trained college and university talent. This area has been identified as a strategic initiative to help foster and grow new technology talent in our WNY community. This team member will represent TechBuffalo through collaboration with local stakeholders such as employers, training providers, community partners, and future job seekers to foster sustainable relationships, leading to the retention of locally trained talent. With a positive company culture that fosters collaboration, operates with integrity and believes deeply in its mission, TechBuffalo provides a great work environment to grow your career at a company that is making a meaningful impact in WNY.
This is a part-time internship, where the selected candidate will be expected to work 20-25 hours per week (hours could increase during the summer months) from March to August at $18/hr.
- Support the Higher Education Program Lead with strategic program planning and event planning for the summer 2024 PowerUpTech intern experience
- Support the Higher Education Program Lead on planning and execution of the Future Innovators and Tech Trailblazers program for the Spring 2023 semester
- Attend and participate in campus visits including career fairs, classroom, and club presentations, etc.
- Attend and support events hosted by both TechBuffalo and our partner organizations
- Collaborate on various projects with the entire TechBuffalo team including the Marketing Lead and Community Impact Program Lead
- Event planning experience
- Excitement about Buffalo and its growing tech industry
- Experience collaborating and building relationships with a variety of offices, faculty, and staff across your college campus (ie Student Life, Career Services, etc.)
- Expert ability to maintain organization and accurate records of meetings, conversations, program and event details, and meeting calendars
The Ideal Candidate
- Curious mindset willing to learn and work within all facets of the organization
- Energized by an entrepreneurial opportunity, with the willingness to experiment with new frameworks and processes to see what works best
- Enjoys being a collaborative and supportive member of a team and thrives in an environment that emphasizes continuous learning, innovation, and creativity
- Not afraid to speak up and voice new recommendations or opinions and challenge the status quo
- Positive attitude with a can-do spirit
- Adaptable, flexible, and resilient; enjoys working in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Reliable team member with clear communication
- A shared passion for the WNY community and a strong desire to contribute, collaboratively, to building a better future for this generation and those that follow
If you would like to apply for the position, please submit a resume and email introducing yourself, telling us about your interest in the position, and why you think you are a fit for the role to Careers@techbuffalo.org. For additional information about this opportunity, please contact Cameron Smith directly at email@example.com.